- Continuous improvements to
- Help all students, by the time of graduation, become
- Self-directed life-long learners.
The Belief Statements of DCHS:
- Providing a curriculum which enhances and encourages all students’ abilities, including “hands-on” activities that will foster the acquisition of marketable skills and a lifelong love of learning.
- Providing instruction that encourages both critical and creative thinking that will help prepare students for successful lives and careers.
- Providing assessments that are measurable and inclusive of higher-order/critical thinking skills.
- Encouraging student, parental, faculty, and community involvement in decision making and shared responsibility for the education of all students.
- Providing a school policy that is reasonable, impartial, and correlates with local, state, and federal mandates.